This week, try this Spanish inspired bean salad made with lashings of extra virgin olive oil that’s brimming with antioxidants and a mix of beans such as red and cannellini beans that are a good source of protein and B vitamins. It’s filling on its own but you can also have it with a side of bread or soup if you need some extra energy for the day.
Naturel Extra Virgin Olive Oil, RM29.40, Tesco (works out to be 0.6c per 15ml serve)
Epicure Organic Bean Cuisine, RM5.20, Jason’s Food Hall
Sweet basil, RM 1.10, Tesco
Rosemary Village Garden Rosemary, RM2.90, Village Grocer
Lushious Cherry Tomatoes, RM4.90, Village Grocer
Gourmessa Chicken Pepperoni Slices, RM6.50, Village Grocer
1. In a pan, heat up some olive oil on a low heat and add in the fresh rosemary sprigs and whole cherry tomatoes.
2. Drain the beans and add them into the pan, toasting lightly for about 3 minutes.
3. Add in the pepperoni slices (you can sprinkle in some paprika for an extra kick).
4. Transfer the ingredients into a salad bowl and toss in basil leaves.
5. Toss and drizzle with olive oil.